Preston Pre-School has been running for over 40 years and is a non profit limited company and registered charity (Registration Number: 1150841). We are located in Preston, Weymouth and operate from Preston Village Hall. We offer childcare from the age of 2 until your child goes to school. We offer learning opportunities in a friendly and secure play environment through child-led learning.
Our mission statement is:
“To provide excellent education and care in a fun and stimulating environment tailored for each individual child. We work in close partnership with parents, carers and external agencies to support our children to learn and develop in a setting that promotes equality and values diversity.”
We have very knowledgeable caring staff and welcome children and their families to join us to prepare children for school in a fun and informative setting. Although we are located in a village hall the provision is set up to resemble a very cosy child friendly permanent pre-school with small chairs, tables, home corner, wet and messy play areas, small world play area, woodwork,sewing bee and tinkering station to name but a few of our many areas for the children to play, explore and learn.
We are proud of our setting because:
– we are rated Ofsted “Outstanding” in personal development, behavior and welfare and “Good” in all other criteria resulting in an overall Good rating in 2017.
– we share our best practice with other local childcare providers, most recently in 2018 ,have hosted visits from local child minders to assist with strategies for SEND children, helped settings looking for inspiration to implement their improvement plans and advised play workers on how to implement enabling environments.
– we pride ourselves in offering a free flow learning experience for every child. We continually evaluate our environment both indoor and outdoor to ensure each child reaches their full potential fully embracing the EYFS curriculum.
– our practitioners are all trained in Paediatric First Aid and this is a requirement for anyone joining the team.
– we have external provider opportunities and source extra curricular activities such as teachers for dance, sign along and various other visits from local partners within the community.
– we have Online Compass accreditation awarded to us for eSafety within the setting
Our setting is registered with:
Ofsted EY474916 ( please click this link to go to our Ofsted Report) – Ofsted contact number – 0300 123 1231
Pre-School Learning Alliance – 0207 697 2500
Charities Commission – Registered Charity 1150841